Monday, September 19, 2016

Ode to a 2 year old

2 year old Miriam...I want to remember...

Your crazy uneven hair that swoops just down your neck over your back in sweet waves - kind of like a punky 80's mullet but much cuter and prettier.

Your vivacious energy! Just pick a word and repeat, again and again and again. Echo, gecko, bravo (I sense a theme here). Wait...then there's peacock, hmm...

Your sweet cheesy smiles where you tilt your head back.

Your going around and around and around the room (again).

Your pushing the walker wagon while wearing the patriotic butterfly wings we found in our neighbor's castoffs.

Your love for books, especially Go Dog Go; Rosie Revere, Engineer, any space related book Daddy can read to you.

Your sweet kisses...sometimes coming when I least expect them.

Your dancing to music I play on my ukulele or from the computer, especially All Around the Kitchen.

You're my first little Love.  I cannot let you go and I'm feeling it pretty hard to know that I have been and will continue to do so in necessity of caring for Peter as well as seeing you become more independent.  God holds you in his hand, my darling.




No comments:

Post a Comment